Sunday, January 28, 2007

No More War

The Bottom Line...With a View
The Faces of Fed-Up Americans
Distress Signal



~A small group of thoughtful people could change the world.
Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.~ Margaret Mead




Here are a few photos from yesterday's protest. When we walked through the town with our signs, flags, and banners, I never stepped away from the marchers to snap a picture of us. I was caught up in the momentum of it all. I did see the local newspaper photographer there, so I will check out the paper on Thursday, and hopefully post a shot of the march-in-action. It felt mighty fine to join my neighbors in solidarity with the large-scale protests across the country.

11 comments:

robin andrea said...

It's so good to see your neighbors out there in the streets protesting the war. Glad you went and marched right along side.

Tree said...

Look like a productive day! Good for you, Annie. I hope these protests catch on across the country.

Troy said...

I love the radicalism of SF

DivaJood said...

I think one of the most effective anti-war statements I saw recently was a single woman on a busy Redondo Beach corner. She had a sign which read "My candle is lit for all the soldiers wounded or killed in Iraq. To honor them all, bring our troops home now."

She had a candle lit, and every driver who passed her honked in support, and gave the peace sign.

Little vigils have been popping up all over the South Bay of Southern California.

tomvancouver said...

I love that quote from Margaret Mead, and see it almost everyday on the wall of this vegetarian restaurant near where I live. My theory is that people's tolerance will only last 1000 days,and if your going to go to war, make sure it doesn't last longer than that. But what bothers me most about the war, is that the U.S. did so without the sanction of the U.N. and haven't they learned from their past mistakes? All it's done is added fuel to the hatred the Islamic world has for the west. What a nightmare and waste of human lives and money. Let Georgie send his daughters over their to fight.

Spadoman said...

Right On, Annie!

Unknown said...

Thank you for marching. I feel guilty now.

Jon-Marc McDonald said...

Good for you for marching. I believe it was Marley who said to Chant Down Babylon.

Keep chanting, keep yelling, keep the pressure on until every one of our soldiers are back home.

alan said...

When I heard him ranting in the "State of Disunion" speech about the 18 billion in "earmarks" that he wants to be able to line item out of the budget, all I could think was at least that money did something for us instead of the 6 billion a month he's spending in Iraq...

alan

BBC said...

"~A small group of thoughtful people could change the world."

You know, I used to actually believe that. Sigh.

deuddersun said...

Good for you Girlfren'! If we keep this up everywhere they won't be able to ignore us any longer, not if they want to keep their cushy DC jobs!

d.