Sunday, January 22, 2006

san francisco 1961




my parents had a friend that was a professional photographer.
she followed little brother and i around for a few years, and gave my parents some excellent photos.

my father displayed some of the portraits in his home for quite a while. now i have them.

i took a picture of one of those portraits for this photo sunday. i was approximately four years old. cute, but what the hell is up with my bangs?

(yes, i've been teased that i resemble one of those evil children in the movie "village of the damned ")

12 comments:

Connie in FL said...

Awwwww... what a beautiful child and a wonderful photograph.

nancy =) said...

what a darling child you were...and still are...

peace...

Blogzie said...

This is truly a great picture. Wow, what a treasure.

You are/were adorable. I’m going to pretend that we looked alike at that age, but I really kind of think that we do. Or did.

Fabulous!

Thanks for sharing, Ms. Annie.

x0x0x0x

LeLo said...

Those bangs are very "in" right now: see? You're a trend setter!

Great pic!

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Methinks you may have tried to give yourself a haircut?
My bangs were MUCH shorter (four-year-old got her hands on some scissors after brother broke his arm and got all the attention).
God bless the photographer friends.
My Uncle preserved my childhood in black-n-whites...and it's a good thing. All the polaroids are fading fast.
*The greatest heirloom I could ever inherit would be family photos like these.

ghartstein said...

That's cool! I was amazed at the old pics I found at my Dad's...amazed and scared by some!!!

I n g e r said...

Ah, Annie, where does the time go? Look at that child. Glancing at a grasshopper, maybe, or a startling patch of sunlight.

Just beautiful.

RED QUILT MAKER said...

What a wonderful memory of your childhood for you, for us.

Delightful!

rQm

alan said...

And here I was thinking of Louise Brooks again...not that you aren't quite a "Lulu" of a gal in your own right!

alan

Rue said...

Annie Geezzzee!! I would have never thought of that if you hadn't said it...now that's all I think when I look at the picture! Hahaha!

Taradharma said...

Annie, we're about the same age, and I remember having those exact same bangs! Mom cut em, and I think cut 'em short so she wouldn't have to cut again for awhile. Very utilitarian, not very fashionable. But I guess it was then if you look at the magazines. We were still living with one foot in the fifties.

Jennifer said...

I love the bangs! I never watch horror flicks, so I'm free to admire this picture without shaking in my boots.

Also loved tagging along on your walk into town. How's the weather behaving? We'll be out your way in about two weeks -- a night in San Fransisco, then over to site of the former Moonies compound (I think).

Love the Native bead art (is that moon for sale?) for all of its vibrance and color. The Ojibway art we see around here is little more subdued in color and tone. Isn't it cool, though? Love it.