Friday, January 20, 2006

information

alan tagged me last week. enjoy the sheer triviality of my life so far:



four jobs i've had:
1.) ski lift operator

2.) event security(concerts)

3.) postpartum care provider

4.) homeless shelter coordinator



four places i've lived:
1.) san francisco, california

2.) appleton, wisconsin

3.) lake tahoe, california side

4.) edmonton, alberta, canada

5.) santa cruz, california (i know, that's 5 places.)


four movies i'd watch again:
1.) the birds (i love anything by hitch.)

2.) the last picture show

3.) magnolia

4.) napolean dynamite ( yes, i am silly.)


four t.v. shows i like to watch:
1.) anything with bill maher

2.) the daily show

3.) deadwood and the sopranos, when they are on

4.) david letterman



four favorite foods:
1.) dim sum/all asian food

2.) indian food

3.) italian food (being raised in north beach has a lot to do with it.)

4.) mexican food

^now i am hungry!



four places i'd rather be right now:
1.) tahiti, visiting my dear friend that lives there. she works on bora bora now.

2.) the big island of hawaii, on g's dad's acreage there. hilo side.

3.) mexico, soaking up some sunshine with my darling.

4.) british columbia



four albums i can't live without:
1.) astral weeks- van morrison

2.) hissing of summer lawns- joni michell (all joni, always)

3.) comes a time- neil young

4.) the delivery man- elvis costello

* i can't really list the grateful dead as albums, because i have listened to and collected mostly live stuff of theirs. i do own the albums, though. if i had to pick one it would probably be blues for allah.



four unique? things about me:
1.) i have always preferred to live in rural settings. sometimes VERY rural!

2.) i had all of my kids at home. the first birth took 17 hours. the next two were about two hours each.

3.) my oldest and youngest child share the same birthday-ten years apart. (april 10)

4.) i have a very good memory for dates-that-things-happened. is that called a chronophile? when you remember days and occurrences and who was there? i remember the birthdays of people i haven't seen in thirty years. not purposely-it just happens.



tag, you're it.

9 comments:

alan said...

I wouldn't call any of that trivial!!!

Another Joni fan! Thank goodnes, I was beginning to feel all alone!

alan

sttropezbutler said...

Now...that is called life.

STB

LeLo said...

sigh. I'll meet you in Mexico for some of that sun too!!!!!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

Geez, let's go to Bora Bora....

sjobs said...

Another wonderful list.....

I will buy the drinks in Hawaii!!

Mary

robin andrea said...

annie-- I can't believe your music and food list. Me too, me too!

Big Joni Mitchell fan here. I thought I was alone too.

Blogzie said...

Fantastic list. But then how could it not be.

I love Deadwood, especially Ian McShane. I would so do him.

And the numbers thing, I’ve got it bad. I wake up in the morning and realize that it’s someone’s birthday from grammar school. I don’t want that useless information in my head, but it won’t go away. I guess that’s why I’m dumbing down, as I get older. I’ve run out of room.


x0x0x

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Up until this list, I thought you WERE Joni Mitchell.
(Five of her songs just flooded my head, and I am 12 again, helping my mother shell peas.)
I love you. ;)

I n g e r said...

I'm sorry--I lost my focus after I read the part about 17 HOURS!!

You are my hero.

But we knew that already.