Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Wednesday

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element.  It is my personal approach that creates the climate.  It is my daily mood that makes the weather.  I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous.  I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal.  In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person humanized or de-humanized.  If we treat people as they are, we make them worse.  If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

6 comments:

robin andrea said...

Such a great quote and beautiful photo.

Annie said...

Thanks for that, Robin.

Paula said...

I love your photos, Annie. Sorry I have not been around. My reader wasn't giving me all my peeps. Now I've switched and will see new posts. That IS a wonderful quote ~ at first seeming egotistical, but really not. If we realize we can to a large extent create our own moods instead of simply reacting, we feel much more in control of our lives. At least, I try to remember that! :)

Annie said...

Aloha, Paula! Always a treat to hear from you and yeah, this quote is a handy reminder.

Zo said...

Amazing photo, Annie! And great quote.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

I knew I like this Goethe guy