
"My best advice to anyone who wants to raise a
happy, mentally healthy child is: Keep him or
her as far away from a church as you can."
"fuck that! when did mediocrity and banality become a good
image for your children?"
"If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT."
"Kid's heads are filled with so many nonfacts that when they get out of
school they're totally unprepared to do anything. They can't read, they
can't write, they can't think. Talk about child abuse. The U.S. school
system as a whole qualifies."
i (still) miss frank zappa.
10 comments:
Hi Annie
Thanks for posting on my blog. The media is one of my pet peeves, including pBS. I bow down to the internet for havens of reality such as your cabin....
good thoughts good words good deeds
G:
Church.
Yeah.
Right.
I'll go next Sunday.
*snorts*
"I'm not black, but sometimes I wish I wasn't white"
Copyright: Frank Zappa
this is great stuff! By the way, I noticed you have the Big Lebowski listed on your profile, I LOVE that movie :-)
Great post. Zappa was playing on market street in sept as I walked by the theater
bill: that must've been zappa plays zappa-his sons.
still bummed i missed that, but i hear there's a cd coming out...
He was truly an original and profound thinker. I miss him too.
grrreat photo of the man. I didn't appreciate him much while he was around - I think he intimidated the hell out of me! Now, however, I can see, think, and appreciate him.
I LOVE this post!
I knew Frank and the Mothers before they were famous, lived across Rte 212 from them outside Woodstock, NY. Guess I'll have to tell some of those stories, lol!
d.
Post a Comment