Monday, July 10, 2006

the big show

on saturday afternoon, we returned to laytonville. the youngest's two weeks at camp were done, and i travelled over the hill yet again. this time it was with my older daughter and my love. we knew it would be hot. holy shit, it was a scorcher over there. at least 105. we coastal dwellers aren't accustomed to that, but we did just fine. after a really tasty lunch, we watched our girl and her fellow campers put on a
whirlwind-of-a-show for the families to ooohhh and ahhhhh over.

a memorable afternoon, in countless ways. this camp is the best.


the mural for the "experimento" performance.


my girl, singing her heart out. chills, all around.



my girl again, rehearsing a tune with her friend.


the big finale, when all of the campers sing a few last songs together.


wavy gravy during a finale song. this was taken during "here comes the sun."

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

How colorful and fun!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic camp. The future will be in their good hands. Love seeing that photo of wavy gravy.

nancy =) said...

how awesome that you live out there and your daughter gets to experience this...invaluable life lessons, fer sure...

great pics as well...thanks annie =)

peace...

Deb Heller said...

What fun!!

I am so jealous! I do miss the rural life. Nothing better. I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through your blog...


:-)

Taradharma said...

what a fine job you and the mister have done, annie! A unique camp experience to remember - will go down the history books. You, and your girl, are carrying it on!

I n g e r said...

Aw, Annie, it chokes me up--the whole scene.

She looks so happy. Look what you did--and I'm not talking camp.

xoxo

taza said...

wow, where was this camp when I was a kid? well, at least i got to go to camp at all. there's a blessing, right?

loved the photos and yes, inger's exactly right. look what you did!!!

your daughter is someone to be proud of, and i know kids come with their own agendas--but still and all, NICE JOB, MOM!