Wednesday, January 04, 2006

reflective times




the side of our yard last weekend. the building reflected in the "pond" is our garage/barn. someone attempted to make it a separate living quarters years ago, but the roof is too old and leaky for anyone to inhabit it. it's also not useful for storing anything that would be damaged by wet winters. so, we mostly keep gardening tools, painting supplies, and long-forgotten boxes of crap in it.

i am reflective too. lots to be thinking about, in terms of what's going on in washington right now. dare i be hopeful? my hopes have been pummeled so many times in the last few years. maybe this will be the one---the clincher. my inner cynic does battle with my hopeless optimist, always. i always get hopeful after watching jon stewart. my hero.

10 comments:

nancy =) said...

oh baby, jon is BACK!! yes, hope is restored...when he goes away i kind of wander the days in a stupor, with no hope in sight...

and BILL will be back next month!!
woohoo!!
so we'll really be rejuvinated!!

and let's all hope jack keeps on singing!!

hope you're staying dry, ms. annie...

peace...

~ n
xoxox

robin andrea said...

I'm also vacillating between hope and despair. This administration has had so many thing just slip by, things that would have toppled other administrations. My hope is pinned on the cumulative effect of what should be a tsunami of bad news for them.

Beautiful reflections, Annie.

sttropezbutler said...

Yes indeed...and now Jon gets to host the Oscars!

Love the photos...

I concur....I don't know what to think about what is happening in DC...

XXOO

STB

Angeline Rose Larimer said...

Ohhhh! Now you’ve done it.

Have I mentioned? Stop me if I have... Last Mother's Day, Jon Stewart came to Indy. We saw his show. It was fantastic.
After the show...midnight or so, we happened to see him walking out to his car. Only a few people swarmed him, so we decided to just get a little closer.
Celebrities scare me...I worry they'll think I'm nuts.

But I just had to get closer, because Stewart is more than a celebrity. He really speaks for me. He always makes me feel better. After the elections, he was the only one who could cheer me up.
I wanted to thank him.

He shook my hand. (still haven't washed it)
He was sooo down to earth. Seemed tired. Someone distracted him, so he held onto my hand long enough to make sure he made eye contact. He’s the real deal.
Tom made a joke about betrothing our kids, and he chuckled—said, “My son just started crawling, so he’s making it happen.”...A few wonderful seconds in our lives.

When Jon Stewart shook Jimmy Carter's hand the other night, I was so proud.

I just love the guy. He definitely gives me hope.

(thanks for letting me tell that story)

CrackerLilo said...

Sing, Abramoff, sing! :-)

I think the most beautiful thing about our political system is that nothing has to be forever.

It's a good feature in life, as a matter of fact!

Connie in FL said...

Your photos always speak to me. You have quite a talent my dear.

I n g e r said...

Oh Annie. My stress level goes down just looking at those photos. You're wonderful. Sorry you're still sogged in, though; change must be a'coming.

Ditto your confused heart about Washington. But it seems hopeful, it does, it does.

I love Jon, too. He stokes the hope; gives it a face.

xoxo

Dr. Deb said...

Holy Watershed, Batman.

~Deb

Taradharma said...

wow, girl, has the yard dried out yet? Down here we've just had two days of great sunshine, but it's raining again ta-night!

I can't say as I have much hope about the doings in DC -- no matter how many of the idiots fall, there will be more. I'm just holding out for a new administration come the next election. And watch Jon and know that there are many sane people (like us, heh?) out there in the states. We will survive, of that I am confident.

alan said...

Hopefully you are drying out some; here the farmers are wishing we had a bit of that. 60 tomorrow; I know we'll pay for that when the pendulum swings the other way!

alan